Dana White announces plan to make UFC 300 biggest card in MMA history and have fans in shock amid Conor McGregor rumours

DANA WHITE insists UFC 300 will go down as one of the greatest cards in the promotion’s history.

Mixed martial arts’ top organisation announced last week that it will host its 300th pay-per-view card in Las Vegas on April 13.

The UFC officially announced UFC 300 last week
The UFC officially announced UFC 300 last weekCredit: GETTY
The historic pay-per-view card will take place in Las Vegas on April 13
The historic pay-per-view card will take place in Las Vegas on April 13Credit: UFC
UFC CEO Dana White plans to make the card one of the biggest in the promotion's history
UFC CEO Dana White plans to make the card one of the biggest in the promotion’s historyCredit: GETTY

The official announcement of the card sparked a frenzy among fight fans around the world, with many wondering who will top the bill.

White and his team of elite matchmakers pulled out all the stops for UFC 100 and 200, which took place in July 2009 and July 2016 respectively.

Those cards still live in the memory of MMA fans, a feeling White plans to recreate with a stacked 300 event.

The 54-year-old told SunSport: “Well think about tonight and the buzz and the energy about tonight’s card.

“And think about the stuff I’m telling you guys about Miami.

“So we’ve got to beat this, Miami and a bunch of other great cards that are going to happen this year.

“I don’t remember who I was talking to, but the way I see UFC 300 is when it comes people are going to be going, ‘Holy S**T!

“That’s the first prelim of the night?’ That’s what UFC 300 is going to be?”

UFC fans expected Conor McGregor‘s long-awaited comeback fight with Michael Chandler to headline the historic card after it was confirmed the Irishman wouldn’t return to action this year.

White, however, recently poured cold water on the prospect of the Irishman topping the bill of the Sin City extravaganza.

But Team McGregor are doing everything in their power to ensure The Notorious’ face is on the UFC 300 poster.

His manager, Audie Attar, told MMA Junkie: “If it was up to him, he’d be fighting Saturday.

“So ultimately we’re just trying to make sure we’re doing everything right and following all the standard operating procedures to get him back in the octagon as soon as possible.

UFC 300 would be amazing, and obviously we’re pushing as hard as we can to make that happen.

“Ultimately, it’s going to be an exciting 2024 for his return.”

Former two-division champion McGregor, 35, hasn’t set foot inside the octagon since breaking his leg in his Las Vegas trilogy fight with Dustin Poirier two-and-a-half years ago.

Dana White announces plan to make UFC 300 biggest card in MMA history and have fans in shock amid Conor McGregor rumours | The Sun

Related articles

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share article

Latest articles

Newsletter

Subscribe to stay updated.