JAKE PAUL returns to the ring this Friday as he takes on American pro Andre August.
Paul, 26, won by unanimous decision despite being rocked by a number of punches from the 38-year-old.
This time, the YouTube star has placed an emphasis on the fact he is taking on a professional boxer.
August, 35, boasts an impressive CV with a 10-1-1 (5 KOs) pro record, his latest triumph coming against Brandon Martin by unanimous decision in August.
The bout is set to take place at cruiserweight and will consist of eight rounds.
Paul’s only other fight against a professional boxer resulted in his sole defeat, February’s points loss to Tommy Fury.
This time he is determined to prove that he can overcome a professional boxer.
Fans will find out at the Caribe Royale Resort in Orlando, Florida on Friday night.
Who are their trainers?
Paul heads into his second bout under the guidance of new trainer Theo Chambers, a student of the famed Kronk gym.
Chambers replaced BJ Flores and Danny Smith following defeat to Tommy Fury in February but assistant J’Leon Love remained in the camp.
Under Chambers – nicknamed Third – Paul defeated ex-UFC star Nate Diaz in his August return bout over ten rounds.
August’s coach is meanwhile unknown but Paul claims to have floored him in sparring two years ago.
He said at the press conference: “Did your coach tell you that I dropped him in sparring? Or did he not tell you that?
“You remember that? Your own coach, I dropped your coach in sparring.”
When is Jake Paul vs Andre August?
- Jake Paul vs Andre August will take place on Friday, December 15.
- The card is set to start at 1am GMT/ 8pm ET.
- Ring-walks for the main event will be at approximately 4am GMT/ 11pm ET.
- The Caribe Royale Resort in Orlando, Florida will host.
What happened in Jake Paul’s last fight?
The Problem Child recovered from his defeat to Tommy Fury by beating UFC legend Nate Diaz in August.
Paul had to survive a few scares in the latter rounds, but pulled through to prevail via points.
What happened in Andre August’s last fight?
Andre August defeated Brandon Martin via unanimous decision last time out at the Ambassador Club in St Louis, Missouri earlier this year.
The bout was only the second time that August has gone beyond four rounds.
On the surface, it looks as though Paul is stepping up against a vastly more experienced opponent.
After all August has had 12 professional bouts, compared to Paul’s eight, and has had over 20 amateur bouts winning titles.
But, he has boxed largely over four rounds and had never been past six, while Paul went ten against Diaz.
August has also fought just once in four years with Paul in more active form.
Paul also holds advantages in height and size with the bout set at the 200lb cruiserweight limit. August has weighed as low as 165lb before.
A late stoppage after the midway mark for Paul or a convincing win on the scorecards would be the safest bet on this one.
What TV channel is Jake Paul vs Andre August on and can it be live streamed?
- Jake Paul vs Andre August will be broadcast LIVE on DAZN in the UK and USA.
- In the UK, you can subscribe to DAZN for £9.99-a-month, which commits you to an entire year of action.
- A flexible pass, worth £19.99-a-month, is also available, and you can cancel anytime.
- You can also pay £99.99 for the year upfront, and this is the lowest cost option.
- In the US, you can purchase a DAZN monthly subscription for $24.99 a month or $224.99 a year.
- DAZN also provide an option for $19.99 per month, but you will be locked into a 12-month contract.
Here are all the confirmed fights set to take place on the undercard so far:
- MAIN EVENT: Jake Paul vs. Andre August; Cruiserweight
- Shadasia Green vs. Franchon Crews Dezurn; For the vacant WBC super-middleweight women’s title
- Yoenis Tellez vs. Livan Navarro; Light middleweight
- Elijah Flores vs. Javier Mayoral; Welterweight
- Zachary Randolph vs. Michael Manna; Light heavyweight
- Lorenzo Medina vs. Joshua Temple; Heavyweight
- Alexander Gueche vs. Clayton Ward; Super flyweight
- Xavier Bocanegra vs. TBA; Featherweight
What’s been said?
Jake Paul has spoken about his upcoming fight with Andre August, he said: “I’m a professional boxer and I want to be world champion, so I need to pursue the path towards greatness against people who have been boxing their whole life.
“So far, my entire boxing career has been on pay-per-view, but now it’s about more than business. Now I want to build my experience in the ring against seasoned fighters.
“I’m coming to prove my greatness on Friday, Dec. 15 live on DAZN for the world to see.”
Andre August has also shared his thoughts about the upcoming bout, he said: “I don’t talk very much. I’m all about that action,” August said.