CONOR MCGREGOR has announced the date for his long-awaited comeback fight – despite not being back in the UFC’s drug testing pool.
But The Notorious insists he will be back before the year is out, tweeting he’ll fight in “December” when quizzed by a fan over the weekend.
The UFC have the power to issue exemptions to the written notice rule in “exceptional circumstances or where the strict application of that rule would be manifestly unfair to the athlete.”
And UFC president Dana White hasn’t ruled out the possibility of the same exemption being handed to McGregor.
The 53-year-old told TSN: “He’s not [back in the USADA testing pool].
“100 per cent [there’s a chance Conor McGregor fights this year].”
He continued: “We’ll see how that [McGregor potentially getting an exemption] plays out.
“I don’t talk about s**t until s**t happens, you know what I mean?
“To sit here and think hypothetically how a million different things could happen, no idea.
“I’m focusing on what’s happening this Saturday [UFC 290], and then next Saturday.
“UFC 300 isn’t even on my mind right now.
“The Conor thing, who the hell knows how that’s gonna play out?
“Who cares what USADA says? We’ll see what happens when it happens.”
But Mystic Mac insists he’s on course to return before year’s end, tweeting last week: “I look forward to my upcoming fight.
“I am well in preparation.”