EDDIE HEARN says Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder “virtually have a deal agreed” to fight in Saudi Arabia.
Reps from the Middle East flew into London last week to hold talks with Hearn for the blockbuster, eyed for December or January.
And negotiations are due to continue this week with a deal all-but closed between Joshua, 33, and Wilder, 37.
Hearn told Boxing News: “Obviously with our meetings with Saudi on Friday, Thursday, we’re in a really great place we virtually have a deal agreed in principle subject to a few final discussions.
“We’re meeting them again on Monday. I think we’re in a good place but we want to fight on August 12th, and it’s important to his development and his momentum that he does and that’s still the plan.”
Hearn has also been brokering AJ’s immediate return on the scheduled August 12 date.
And Dillian Whyte – beaten by Joshua in 2015 – has signed a contract for the fight at the O2 Arena.
Hearn previously set a deadline of early this week for Whyte, 35, to agree terms, now paving the way for an imminent announcement.
He said: “We’ve been setting deadlines, extending deadlines, to get things done and we wanted to announce today.
“But it’s very likely Monday or Tuesday could be an announcement.”
According to ESPN, the contract returned by Whyte “didn’t include pay-per-view considerations” for the fight.
So Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing are now awaiting that signed portion and already have an alternate opponent lined up.
But a spokesman for Whyte said: “Dillian returned the signed agreement on Sunday morning ET and that he is unaware of any other party being in the frame for the fight.
“He is looking forward to fighting Anthony Joshua for a second time on Aug. 12 at The O2.”