ANTHONY JOSHUA had his fans fearing for his safety after showing off a gruelling new training method.
The heavyweight star is back in Texas training for his next fight under coach Derrick James in his Dallas gym.
And AJ shared footage of some old-school training techniques of chopping wood, used as a strength and conditioning exercise.
But fans were left urging Joshua to put some safety goggles on to avoid any chopped up wood getting in his eyes.
One said: “Gotta put on them safety goggles.”
Another agreed: “Put some goggles on man safety first.”
One added: “Need safety goggles though.”
Joshua, 33, returned with victory in April against Jermaine Franklin, 29, in what was also his first fight under James’ guidance.
And promoter Eddie Hearn hoped it would be the first of three bouts in 2023 to keep the newly-formed pair active.
But that was until Hearn led talks for AJ to face Deontay Wilder, 37, in a December super-fight in Saudi Arabia.
No formal offer has yet been lodged by the mega-rich backers in the Middle East, meaning AJ is leaving the door open to a bout in the interim.
And Hearn revealed if they are to take a fight to help prepare for Wilder, it will likely fall on August 12.
Dillian Whyte, 35, had been in the running for a rematch with Joshua following his 2015 and Hearn teased a proposal could be sent.
He told Boxing News: “There’s others but that’s the fight that I think makes sense.
“We’re talking to DAZN about it and we expect to make a formal offer to Dillian Whyte but we’ll see what plays out in the Middle East as well.”