ANTHONY YARDE is set to take on monster light-heavyweight Artur Beterbiev in a huge light-heavyweight unification THIS WEEKEND.
Yarde, 31, beat Stefani Koykov to set up the clash with Russian Beterbiev, who holds the WBC, WBA and IBF light-heavyweight belts.
The pair have been on a collision course for months as the fight was originally scheduled to take place in October.
But an injury to Beterbiev set the fight back until the end of January.
Yarde has fought for a world title before, losing by knockout to Sergey Kovalev back in 2019.
But he had some BIG chances to put away his Russian opponent, but seemed to lack the experience to take the opportunity.
The London man then fought twice with Lyndon Arthur, losing the first on points before winning the second via knockout.
Beterbiev is 18-0 as a professional and has won every single one of his fights by knockout.
It’s no surprise he is avoided by most – so Yarde already deserves some plaudits for taking on the beast
What are their records?
Yarde has fought 25 times, winning 23 and losing two.
Of his victories, 22 have been by way of KO – showing his devastating power.
Beterbiev’s record is simply frightening.
The Canada-based banger has won all 18 of his fights, and all by way of KO.
What are their odds?
Beterbiew – 1-12
When is Yarde vs Beterbiev?
- Yarde’s big clash with Beterbiev will take place this weekend on Saturday, January 28.
- The fight will take place at the OVO Arena in Wembley.
- Yarde vs Beterbiev ring-walks will get underway from 10.30pm UK time.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Yarde vs Beterbiev will be shown live on BT Sport in the UK.
- You can live stream the action from the BT Sport app, which is available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
Yarde vs Beterbiev FULL CARD
- Artur Beterbiev vs Anthony Yarde – For WBC, IBF, and WBO light-heavyweight titles
- Artem Dalakian vs David Jimenez – for WBA flyweight title
- Willy Hutchinson vs Emil Markic
- Karol Itauma vs Ezequiel Osvaldo Maderna
- Charles Frankham vs Joshua Ocampo
- Umar Khan vs Sandeep Singh Bhatti
- Sean Noakes vs Santiago Garces
- Tommy Fletcher vs Darryl Sharp
- Joshua Frankham vs Joe Hardy
- Khalid Ali vs Ivica Gogosevic
What has been said?
“Since I’ve started boxing I’ve not had more than one week out of the gym,” Yarde said.
“Beterbiev had more than 200 amateur fights and 18 professional, but I’m going to be sharp and focused.
“In the light-heavyweight division, he has been nothing but a wrecking ball, knocking out every opponent so far.
“He’s very powerful but I feel I’m faster and, by age, I’m fresher, but in experience, I’m behind him.”
What we DO know is this is a real battle of the bangers.
There is no doubt Yarde could hurt Beterbiev – but the Russian-born-Canadian-living beast just seems a different breed.
He will be happy to fight fire with fire – and his will just burn that bit stronger on the night.
We’re going for Beterbiev by mid to late stoppage.
Anthony Yarde vs Artur Beterbiev: Date, UK start time, stream, TV channel, undercard for huge unification fight | The Sun