WRESTLEMANIA 38 has truly gone down in history as one to remember after two stunning nights at the AT&T Stadium in Dallas, Texas.
Roman Reigns became the WWE Undisputed Champion by beating Brock Lesnar in a hard-fought battle.
Stone Cold Steve Austin made another appearance as he took out both Austin Theory and his longtime nemesis the WWE Chairman Mr McMahon.
Jackass star Johnny Knoxville defeated Sami Zayn in an Anything Goes Match, while Edge beat AJ Styles with the help of an unexpected interference.
Carmella and Queen Zelina split
Former Women’s Tag Team champions Queen Zelina and Carmella have sensationally split after losing their title at Wrestlemania 38.
The duo lost their belts in a fatal four-way to Naomi and Sasha Banks on Sunday, and the fallout continued on to last night’s edition of Raw.
The former champs were due to face Natalya and Shayna Baszler, but before their opponents could be introduced, Queen Zelina grabbed the mic and blamed her partner for the defeat in Arlington.
Zelina accused Carmella of being more occupied with her own looks than wrestling, and when she followed up by questioning her engagement to Corey Graves, the pair came to blows.
AJ’s nasty head injury
AJ Styles took a nasty whack to the head on his way to the ring at Wrestlemania.
The 44-year-old, real name Allen Neal Jones, was seen bleeding from his right cheek as he walked out for his matchup with Edge at Wrestlemania 38.
Initial reports suggested the damage had been done by stray pyrotechnics during Styles’ dramatic entrance.
But FOXSports WWE expert Ryan Satin later claimed Styles smacked his head on the set just seconds before walking out at the AT&T Stadium in Texas.
- Fans speculate on Roman ReignsRoman Reigns may have been legitimately injured in his WWE unification fight with Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania.The SmackDown star, 36, was heard shouting “it’s out” in the final stages of his showdown with long-term rival Lesnar.And fans were left underwhelmed by the sudden end to the fight, which was billed by the WWE as ‘the biggest WrestleMania match of all time’.Reigns was clutching his shoulder after breaking out of a hold from Lesnar, who had almost forced his opponent to tap out.Eagled-eyes fans spotted snaps on WWE’s coverage which suggests there was something very real going on with Reigns’ shoulder, which looks swollen and red.But the unified champion didn’t show any pain during his celebrations, raising his titles to a deafening ovation in Arlington.
WWE fans react to Wee Man
JackAss star Wee Man’s appearance at Wrestlemania 38 has gone down brilliantly with fans online.
One wrote: “Feeling like a kid again and I love it 😂”
While another commented: “Haha thats the way I felt too. I was hyped up after that lol.”
A third added: “This might be the greatest mania match ever.”
- Wee Man steals the showJohnny Knoxville defeated Sami Zayn at Wrestlemania in his debut WWE match last night.The JackAss stunt man needed plenty of help from his co-star Wee Man.Knoxville, 51, was getting well beaten by rival and former WWE intercontinental champion Zayn.In order to turn the clash around, he relied on help from a pair of old pals.Party Boy, real name Chris Pontius, entered the ring to give Knoxville some back-up.But when he was dealt with, it was left to Wee Man to salvage things.The 48-year-old, real name Jason Acuna, emerged from beneath the ring before handing Zayn a beating.Wee Man unleashed a barrage of punches on the bewildered Zayn.He then body slammed him to the ground, to the delight of the baying crowd.Knoxville went on to finally finish Zayn off with a mousetrap – delivering on his promise to beat his bitter foe.
- Record attendance at WrestleMania 38WWE says WrestleMania 38 was their highest-grossing and most-attended event ever.The organisation says 156,352 fans from across America and 53 countries attended the event in Texas for the two-night event over the weekendThat crowd surpassed the previous attendance record set by WrestleMania 32 in 2016.
- Tag-team match ranked ‘worst’Sheamus and Ridge Holland’s tag-team win over New Day members Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods on Sunday has been ranked as the worst match of WrestleMania 38.What Culture have given their assessment of 16 clashes and decided this four-way tussle was one to miss.Their report says: “This felt like a bad sketch of a TV-calibre match.”Nobody will remember much of it within a week or less, and it could’ve been left off the card without bothering anyone.”If time constraints were the reason for its brevity, why not send it to the kickoff show instead?
- Lynch vs Belair ‘best match’The Raw Women’s Title clash between Becky Lynch and Bianca Belair has been ranked as the best match at WrestleMania 38.Challenger Belair beat champ Lynch to take the belt on Saturday night with a stunning finishing jump from the top turnbuckle and pin.What Culture ranked it as their favourite showdown of the weekend, and said: “Either Becky or Bianca winning would’ve been satisfying.”But a Bianca win was clearly the more crowd-pleasing outcome, and it was great to see her get another rapturous WrestleMania moment.”This might be one of the greatest women’s matches in Mania history. In a just world it would’ve been Saturday’s main event.”
- Rock impressed by Logan PaulWWE legend Dyane ‘The Rock’ Johnson said he was left feeling “proud” by YouTuber star Logan Paul’s debut at WrestleMania 38.Partnered with The Miz, Paul recorded a win over the team of Rey and Dominik Mysterio.Johnson posted on Instagram: “Very f’n proud of u. I know the hard work you put in, brother.”
- Vince McMahon’s bizarre ring returnVince McMahon made a bizarre but welcome return to the wrestling ring on Sunday night.After ten years away from the squared-circle, the 76-year-old pinned ex-NFL star Pat McAfee in an impromptu match-up at WrestleMania 38.It true WWE dramatic fashion, at one stage McMahon punted a FOOTBALL into McAffe’s ribs during the bout!You can read out full report on McMahon’s return to the ring here.
- Conor McGregor irritates WrestleMania starsUFC legend Conor McGregor has annoyed a host of wrestling stars by saying he was not at WrestleMania 38 because “they all fear me”.The Irish MMA star has been touted for an appearance at the annual extravaganza for years but was not there this weekend.He tweeted: “Why wasn’t I at WrestleMania? They all fear me, that’s why.”Scottish pro Drew McIntyre shot back “shut up McTapper”, while fellow WWE stars Sonya Deville, Dolph Ziggler and Sheamus also tweeted amusing replies.
- WrestleMania’s Saturday ‘better’ that SundaySome fans believe Saturday night was better than Sunday evening’s main event at WrestleMania 38.Wrestling News tweeted to canvass opinion of the latest biggest annual night in the sport’s calendar.Most responders said the first night was better than the second, which saw Roman Reigns beat Brock Lesnar to become undisputed WWE Universal Champion.One tweeted: “Saturday. The wrestling quality was more consistent and the main event over-delivered. Yes the first match had to be cut short thanks to Boogs’ injury, but everything ramped up from there.”Another replied: “Saturday because it had very low expectations and burned the barn down. Sunday was advertised as the best thing ever but didn’t meet its mark.”
- Reigns possibly injured against LesnarNewly undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns may have suffered an injury at WrestleMania 38 Sunday.The Tribal Chief picked up a controversial victory over WWE Champion Brock Lesnar with a thunderous Spear.Reigns appeared to be in some discomfort towards the end of the main event and could have suffered a dislocated shoulder, according to Wrestling News.
Roman Reigns snap
WWE shared the first picture of Undisputed Champion Roman Reigns after his victory over Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 38.
Reigns came into the Unification Match with the Universal Championship and defeated former WWE Champion Brock Lesnar.
The Tribal Chief picked up a controversial victory over Lesnar with a thunderous Spear.
The Head of the Table then posed for the following pic with his special counsel Paul Heyman
- WrestleMania 38 Night One ResultsSmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos def. Shinsuke Nakamura and Rick BoogsDrew McIntyre def. Happy CorbinLogan Paul & The Miz def. Rey Mysterio & Dominik MysterioBianca Belair def. RAW Women’s Champion Becky LynchCody Rhodes def. Seth RollinsSmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair def. Ronda RouseyStone Cold Steve Austin def. Kevin Owens
- WrestleMania 38 Night Two ResultsUniversal Champion Roman Reigns def. WWE Champion Brock LesnarEdge def. AJ StylesSasha Banks & Naomi def. Women’s Tag Team Champions Queen Zelina & Carmella, Rhea Ripley & Liv Morgan, Natalya & Shayna BaszlerRAW Tag Team Champions RK-Bro def. The Street Profits and Alpha AcademyBobby Lashley def. OmosPat McAfee def. Austin TheoryJohnny Knoxville def. Sami Zayn (Anything Goes Match)Sheamus & Ridge Holland def. Xavier Woods & Kofi Kingston
- Roman Reigns def. Brock LesnarReigns, though, has lifted both titles over his head, which means he is probably alright.The Head of the Table deserves this, unbelievable work all season as a TOP heel
- Roman Reigns def. Brock LesnarCommentators are debating whether Reigns pulled his shoulder during the Kimura.Michael Cole claims he put it back in
- Roman Reigns def. Brock LesnarBut Reigns pull through and catches Lesnar with a powerful Spear!The Tribal Chief is now the WWE Undisputed Champion!
- Roman Reigns vs Brock LesnarReigns is telling Heyman his shoulder is disconnected from the Kimura!The Special Counsel is trying to motivate him
- Roman Reigns vs Brock LesnarReigns lands the Spear but Lesnar immediately connects with the Kimura Lock!The Tribal Chief is trapped but he ultimately makes it to the ropes with the tip of his fingers
- Roman Reigns vs Brock LesnarReigns delivers a botch Spear from behind and Lesnar lands right next to the ropes.He easily picks the ropes
- Roman Reigns vs Brock LesnarLesnar tries another F5 but Reigns rakes the eyes and pushes his opponent towards the referee.The Beast stops in time but The Tribal Chief Spears him against the referee.The Head of the Table delivers a Low Blow and a Superman Punch but only gets a two count by the revived ref
- Roman Reigns vs Brock LesnarBut it doesn’t happen!Lesnar catches him and delivers the F5 but the Universal Champion kicks out
- Roman Reigns vs Brock LesnarLesnar tries the F5 but Reigns gets off his shoulders and lands another Superman Punch.He is ready for the Spear