- Canelo Alvarez is a free agent after parting ways with DAZN, claims his manager
- In October 2018, Alvarez signed a 10-fight deal worth £278million with DAZN
- However, the COVID pandemic has caused the disruption to his five-year deal
- The Mexican entered a legal dispute with the streaming service earlier this year
- Now his team are claiming the ‘issue has been solved’ and he is free from his deal
The manager of Canelo Alvarez has claimed that the boxing superstar is now a free agent after parting ways with DAZN.
Alvarez, a four-weight world champion, has been at war with the streaming service over his mega £278million 10-fight deal, which saw him file a lawsuit against his promoter Oscar De La Hoya, Golden Boy Promotions and DAZN back in September.
Now, after months of legal battles, Alvarez’s manager Eddy Reynoso announced the sensational news on Instagram on Friday afternoon, where he claimed that the ‘administrative problem’ involving the 30-year-old has been ‘solved’.