CON’S BACK Conor McGregor ‘boxing Manny Pacquiao next in Middle East’ as UFC legend sensationally claims he is out of retirement

CONOR McGREGOR has sensationally claimed he is going to fight Manny Pacquiao in a boxing match in the Middle East.

The UFC legend – who lost to 50-0 king Floyd Mayweather in August 2017 – released a flurry of tweets on Friday night.

In them, he showed private Instagram messages to UFC boss Dana White.

McGregor – who recently showed off his extreme new look with a shaved head – was trying to arrange a return fight in MMA following his retirement announcement in June – his third in four years.

But the talks apparently fizzled out and McGregor – recently urged to return to the octagon by rival Justin Gaethje – later tweeted: “Anyway all water under the bridge who gives a fook. I’m boxing Manny Pacquiao next in the Middle East.”

“It will be a true honour to have faced two of the greatest boxers of the modern era, afraid of a fight.”

It is not clear exactly where McGregor, 32, and Filipino superstar Pacquiao, 41, would have their supposed fight – or if the Irishman was 100 per cent genuine in what he was saying.

Pacquiao, an eight-weight world champion widely regarded as one of the greatest fighters ever, most recently fought in July last year when he beat Keith Thurman in a WBA super world welterweight title defence.

He has not yet responded to McGregor’s post.

But McGregor suggested just last month a fight between the pair was on when he tweeted “accepted” in Tagalog – the language of the Philippines.

His earlier tweets revealed that before coronavirus halted the sport, McGregor had been working on a second fight in 2020.

The Irishman said he felt “sad” about his inactive season and tried to deliver a headline event.

He added: “Then when covid hit and the talk was that I would have to wait for crowds again, I walked away from the situation.

“I was waiting long enough at that stage.”

Source- https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/12771680/conor-mcgregor-manny-pacquiao-fight/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebarweb

Related articles

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share article

Latest articles

Georges St-Pierre heaps praise upon Khabib: ‘as perfect as you can get’

UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov put on one of the most spectacular performances of his career at UFC 254 on Saturday night....

Sasha Banks becomes WWE Grand Slam champion as she beats Bayley at Hell in a Cell in brutal match of year contender

In a brutal match of the year contender, the Boss ended her former tag-team partner's historic 380-day reign as SmackDown Women's champ.

Justin Gaethje was WINNING on UFC 254 scorecards before Khabib Nurmagomedov submitted him with triangle choke

JUSTIN GAETHJE was ahead after the first round before tapping out against Khabib Nurmagomedov. Nurmagomedov retained his lightweight crown...

Dana White ‘expects’ Conor McGregor to fight Dustin Poirier again in UFC after publicly accepting bout… but at 155lbs

UFC boss DANA White said he 'expects' Conor McGregor to fight Dustin Poirier again... but only at 155lbs. While...

Khabib’s coach Javier Mendez: Conor McGregor is the biggest threat, not Justin Gaethje

The second UFC 254 media day went down in the wee hours of Thursday morning in the United States (5 a.m. ET to...

Newsletter

Subscribe to stay updated.